Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kiwi Still Life

I just finished this drawing of Kiwi. The reference is from wetcanvas.com, photographed by member, Blu_ize.

This is the first time I ever worked on Pastelbord with Prismacolor Colored Pencils. It took awhile at first to figure out how I should go about layering my colors. I started out with light pressure, but after awhile I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere so I applied more pressure. It slowly started to come together. It's so different working on a texture hard surface. I'm so used to a soft smooth surface. This was more of a challenge for me. I like this surface and will get into doing more art with it. I added acrylic highlights to give it more of a wet look. I read somewhere you can seal it with a varnish.



4 comments:

Chauna said...

That is a painting? LOL. Wow that looks so real. Great job.

Jade Erin Scarlett said...

This is simply gorgeous!!! How did you like the Pastelbord? I'm planning on getting some on Monday to see how I like it, but it'be nice to hear from a fellow artist how the surface feels.

Hugs,
Jade

Ian Goddard said...

The texture on the kiwis is amazing, so realistic! Did you do this in one day? It take me forever to complete a color-pencil painting, so if you did that in a day I'll keel over.

Artpencil Radisch said...

really great!