Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Iris Flower

Over the weekend I took some pictures of my Dad's cattle. They were a bit skittish, so I didn't get any real good shots. I'm going to try again, on another day. I also took some other photo refs, of something totally different. I'm not going to share what it is yet, but I can't wait to draw from the photos. They are some of the best references material yet. I'm supper excited to draw this particular subject :)

 I was undecided on what to draw, to start the work week off. I looked through a lot of images I took from the last couple of years. I found a couple I completely forgot about. One was a photo of a lighthouse, from my family vacation to Michigan. I ended deciding on this flower that I took at my old house, back in the spring.

 This latest drawing is called "Iris Flower". I love the way the background turned out. It sorta has a paint feel to it, but it's not paint, it's colored pencils and neocolors. I did the background on my icarus board, that's why I was able to do the paint like affect. I drew on brown/tan stonehenge paper. I'm starting to get more of a feel for it.

No comments: