Untitled Mermaid

Well I'm finally getting back into the grove of things. This is my newest painting I just completed recently. I used over 60 colored pencil and 40 neocolors to complete it. I'm becoming more comfortable with neocolors. They do have there limits. I'm sure the more I use them the more I'll understand them. I haven't come up with a name for this painting yet. I concentrate so much on it, that I actually forgot to think of a name. It will be available for sale later on. I still need to seal it and maybe matt and frame it.

My art has change some over the years. I wanted to add more contrast and make more art that was bold in colors. I've finally accomplished it, but I've found out though it is bittersweet. It takes a lot longer to make art. I will have to charge more for originals. I get tired and loose interest halfway's through a painting. It is a lot more challenging! While working on it I loose my way and I'm not sure the painting will turn out. But the end result is amazing and satisfying that I accomplished my goal. People have become more interested in my work. More doors are opening up  for me :)

Now that I'm finished with this project, I need to get some other major things finished. I possibly have commissions lined up. Big commissions! Though I realize sometimes life happens and customers change their minds. So if all goes well, I will be starting those soon. My website is needing a much needed makeover. I need to update my Zazzle shop. I'm really thinking of offering digital stamps of my art. I want to get back into selling somewhere, not sure what route I'm taking. Right now everything is up in the air. So I'm not surprised if I end up taking a different route all together with what's going on now.

Comments

Carol Moore said…
This is gorgeous piece Holly! I have been so busy at school just now catching up. Hope you are having a great summer!

Popular Posts