Life and Art

A photo I took of a squirrel playing in my yard. 
Life:
Once again I'm battling my health and it's a lot more serious than before. For now I do not want to go into it. I'm just praying about it, waiting on the lord and praying for a healing.

A lot has happened since I last posted. My Father in-law passed. It was a shock, because it happened so fast. Then a little over a week ago, my Mother in-law's boyfriend passed away. There has been so much death in the family over the past few years. I'm ready for a break from all of it, but I know there is no choice in the matter.

Art:
I've been working on a project, off and on when I'm not battling my health. I'm only about 50% through it. It is different from my other works and I will be doing a lot of my future projects this way. I've learned a lot of new colored pencil techniques over the last couple of years. I'm really starting to add them into my works. I'm sorta leaning away from the heavy paintery style with mixed mediums, and wanting my work to look more like colored pencil work. Some projects I still plan to do paintery, but I'm really loving my colored pencils for the first time in years.

The kids have about 2 1/2 weeks before school starts, so I'm just sorta hanging out with them for the rest of their summer break.

I'm looking forward to a little alone time in the mornings, that's when I can seem to concentrate the best and get anything done.


Comments

Popular Posts