New Mermaid Art, A Precious Rose

I know it seems like I've dropped off the planet or at least neglected my blog, but I've been very busy in my studio working on large colored pencil paintings. I decided that I'm going to take little breaks and do some smaller pieces, so I'm still producing some work to show.

This is a 5"x7" original mermaid. Mediums are; Prismacolor Colored Pencils and Lightfast Series, Caran d'ache Supracolors and Neocolor II's, and a touch of acrylics.

I decided to do the scales different this time. I usually outline them with darker colors, but this time I used my icarus board to create them. I will probably do this again with more pieces. I really like the gold like affect.

This original is available on my website for $100.00. Please feel free to view her at www.hollydurrart.com and other original paintings and art products as well.

Comments

Jillian said…
Holly, Beautiful work! I just found all the art I ordered from you years ago and I'm hanging them all up in my new house! I'd love to start collecting more! :)
Holly Durr Art said…
Thank You, Jillian! Im so happy that my art found a home with you!

Popular Posts